Admin user cannot login to WP after installing bbpress
Just a side-note: My WP auth is successful, because I do not get a password error, but it just re-directs me right back to the WP login page again. I have a feeling it is something to do with my WP integration settings.
Good or Bad, firefox crashed on me, and when I re-opened it, auth on both WP and bbPress are working now.
Hmm, ok. So far I am still unable to get WP or bbP logins to affect each other. In fact, adding define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ ); to wp-config.php prevents me from logging into my WP admin panel. So here is the current status:
1) Have the WP plugin installed and configured
2) Have bbPress configured
3) I can login to both separately
4) If I log out of WP, I cannot log back in to WP
5) As soon as I log out of bbP, I can then login to WP again.
6) If I removed the COOKIEPATH from the config, then I can login, and out of WP and bbP separately with no issues, but they do not share a common login.
So I think the main problem is that my cookie sharing is not working, as I thought that logging into one would make the other logged in to as well.
What version are you integrating into (wp/bp) and are all your keys the same?
@xevo Hi, Thanks.
Here is that info:
bbPress Plugin for WP: 1.0
Here are the keys that are the same in wp/bp:
BB_AUTH_KEY = AUTH_KEY
BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY = SECURE_AUTH_KEY
BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY = LOGGED_IN_KEY
BB_NONCE_KEY = NONCE_KEY
In PB’s settings I also have:
* WP’s auth_salt
* WP’s logged_in_salt
Both set to the WP values.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.