Just a side-note: My WP auth is successful, because I do not get a password error, but it just re-directs me right back to the WP login page again. I have a feeling it is something to do with my WP integration settings.
Hmm, ok. So far I am still unable to get WP or bbP logins to affect each other. In fact, adding define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ ); to wp-config.php prevents me from logging into my WP admin panel. So here is the current status:
1) Have the WP plugin installed and configured
2) Have bbPress configured
3) I can login to both separately
4) If I log out of WP, I cannot log back in to WP
5) As soon as I log out of bbP, I can then login to WP again.
6) If I removed the COOKIEPATH from the config, then I can login, and out of WP and bbP separately with no issues, but they do not share a common login.
So I think the main problem is that my cookie sharing is not working, as I thought that logging into one would make the other logged in to as well.