Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin user approval

• mimbelli
    Participant

@mimbelli

Hi all,

I’m a newbie with a site with latest BuddyPress and WP. I have BBPress plugin installed with only sitewide forums and I need admin approval for new users. I saw there are several plugins but it seems that each of them manage just WP or BBPress.

How I can prevent a user interacting with the whole site until he is approved by an admin?

e.g. I saw the BuddyPress Registration Options plugin blocks the user until approval only for the BP area of the site but the user have the role “subscriber” immediately.

Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi,
    You seem to be mixing ‘buddypress’ and ‘bbpress’. This forum is for bbPress questions.
    I have the feeling your question is more related to BuddyPress, so maybe try on https://buddypress.org/support ?
    Pascal.

mimbelli
    Participant

@mimbelli

Hi Pascal,
    Thanks for your reply.

I installed BuddyPress to reduce plugin use for my need but actually I use just the sitewide BBPress forum. Actually I’m trying to get the whole picture.
    FWIW Buddypress doesn’t add new user roles but, for forum, it uses BBPress forum. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

As admin I need to approve user once registered. How I can avoid to assign worpress role “subscriber” and maybe assign BBPress role “blocked” until an admin take action validating the user?

I’m just trying to obtain a classic feature of all forums out there. I tried on Buddypress and WordPress but everybody says that it’s aquestion related to other product. I’m deadlock 🙂

PS
    Imagine for a moment that I have only WP + BBPress forum. How I get this behaviour?
    Until an admim approve it, a new user cannot browse the site and forum.

Thank you

mereleya
    Participant

@mereleya

Hello!

May I ask if this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpressmoderation/ will work correctly despite not being updated with new WP version?
    Or, maybe is there another plugin/way to do the same as this plugin do?
    Thanks in advance.
    Marina.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar