Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin subscribes a user to a topic

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hi @kurzbaginski,
    Not without specific coding.
    Just to be sure, you want that user to be subscribed to replies that will be given to a specific topic, right ?
    If you want to subscribe a user to a forum so they get notified for new topics, that is a different story.
    Pascal.

KurzBaginski
    Participant

@kurzbaginski

Hi Pascal and thanks for the answer,
    yes, I want to be able as an admin to subscribe him or her to a new or old topic. Not only replies, but the topic. Something like a forced subscription.

Regards

In the current bbPress there is nothing by default that I know of.

For the moment my ‘bbP Manage Subscriptions’ plugin is only dealing with subscriptions to forums (I have been busy this weekend to improve it, new version should arrive soon), but let’s see if maybe later I can add something there.

KurzBaginski
    Participant

@kurzbaginski

Thanks. Perhaps I am looking for a Freelance Coder to do this for me. Is the source code interesting for you?

Code is always welcome. And I think it’s a nice to have as option to admin and moderator.

Will try myself too 🙂

KurzBaginski
    Participant

@kurzbaginski

Hi Pascal,
    a freelancer has builded a plug-in for me which works fine. I will send it to you by email. Perhaps you can use it for your bbPress Toolkit.

Regards
    Jörg

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

@kurzbaginski

Thanks, I’ll have a look to see if I can extend my Toolkit.

Pascal.

KurzBaginski
    Participant

@kurzbaginski

The Code is available at https://github.com/georgemichaelis/bbpress-forced-subscription too.

Regards
    Jörg

wpturk
    Participant

@wpturk

@kurzbaginski , Thanks for sharing. Does this also work for bbpress 2.6?

I have another issue that, whenever I update a topic in admin area, the subscriptions get lost.

I have to find a way to keep the subscriptions after updating a topic in admin area.

angelfire4xx
    Participant

@angelfire4xx

Hi Pascal, I would like this coding too. Ability for Admin to force subscriptions to certain Topics. I am happy to pay a fee.
    Linda

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar