Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin section inaccessible after 0.9 -> 1.0

• Backed up everything.

Saved my bb-config.php (but did not need to re-install this, right?).

Saved my my-plugins dir.

Disabled all plugins.

Changed from 0.9 to 1.0 using a symlink reset.

Was asked to enter several config options, such as database name. Did it all.

Installer claims that db was available etc. and declares the job done.

New Forum 1.0 appears, I can login using previous credentials.

Postings seem intact.

However, clicking on “Admin” makes the browser go briefly to bb-admin and then back to the home page.

Clue: after login, the browser claims:

The requested URL /pub/pub/ was not found on this server.

My Forums live in /pub and this was also offered by the installer as default. The /pub symlinks to the 1.0 dir. Manually going there works.

Jeroen

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you change the url manually in the browser address bar, can you access the admin? If it redirects again to /pub/pub/, check your .htaccess rewrite rules.

Negative. If I point it at /pub/bb-admin/ (the address suggested by the Admin link), the browser gets redirected to /pub/ straight away. If I point at /pub/bb-admin/ without having logged in first, I get a login screen, then after login the browser jumps back to /pub/. Or sometimes again gives the 404.

My installation does not have a .htaccess file, it never had. My config lives in the Apache site config and has just this (next to lots of other unsuspect stuff):

RedirectMatch ^/$ /pub/

I don’t think this is the problem. However, 0.9 may have assumed a config that I never had, which 1.0 requires. Do you have a suggestion?

Jeroen

The situation is now that I have two bbpress directories, one for 0.9 and one for 1.0. Both share the bb-plugins directory and the rest is native according to their installers. Apparently they share exactly the same database schema as well (the updater 0.9 -> 1.0 did not make changes).

With one symlink, I can easily select 0.9 or 1.0.

Both versions work, but 1.0 has no plugins active (so layout slightly different), and 1.0 does not allow me to enter the bb-admin subdir (to activate the plugins). However I am logged in successfully, both systems acknowledge this even if I flip the symlink “live”.

There is no .htaccess file to be found on this system.

Where to start?

Jeroen

Where in bbPress should I start looking for URL rewrite problems?

First obvious problem is straight after login. The URL should be https://bla.bla/pub/ but it becomes https://bla.bla/pub/pub/ instead. Worked in 0.9, stopped working in 1.0. And there’s no .htaccess file to be found anywhere, neither do I have any rewrite rules in the Apache2 config.

Jeroen

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar