Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin redirects to main page

• snelson2678

@snelson2678

I have installed bbpress on a directory called “Forum” of a subdomain. I am able to get to the main forum page without issue, but when I try to get into the “admin” section it just redirects back to the main page?????

Any ideas?

Thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Any ideas?

You are not logged as admin or you are trying to access a page that doesn’t exists.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Any ideas?

You are not logged as admin or you are trying to access a page that doesn’t exists.

if you can see an admin link, then its a cookie problem.

Are you integrating with WordPress? You will need the bbPress integration plugin.

if you can see an admin link, then its a cookie problem.

Are you integrating with WordPress? You will need the bbPress integration plugin.

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I installed the integration plugin but still have the problem. I’m using the default theme and in the left hand corner I see:

Welcome, Steve & Beneta | Admin | Log Out

When I click on Admin it just brings me back to the same page???

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I installed the integration plugin but still have the problem. I’m using the default theme and in the left hand corner I see:

Welcome, Steve & Beneta | Admin | Log Out

When I click on Admin it just brings me back to the same page???

Try a different browser once to see if its not a cookie problem. If the problem persists, then that means there is some problem with your integration. Don’t tell me you are not using integration and yet you installed the integration plugin.

Try a different browser once to see if its not a cookie problem. If the problem persists, then that means there is some problem with your integration. Don’t tell me you are not using integration and yet you installed the integration plugin.

snelson2678

@snelson2678

So I tried another Browser and get same problem. I am using integration and now that I can’t access admin area I can’t check on integration?

What next?

snelson2678

@snelson2678

So I tried another Browser and get same problem. I am using integration and now that I can’t access admin area I can’t check on integration?

What next?

Check your usermeta table for correct capabilities.

wp_usermeta if you are sharing user tables, otherwise bb_usermeta

Check this http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8122/killl.png

The entry for your user ID (most probably 1) should be a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

Check your usermeta table for correct capabilities.

wp_usermeta if you are sharing user tables, otherwise bb_usermeta

Check this http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8122/killl.png

The entry for your user ID (most probably 1) should be a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I logged out and tried to go to this Address:

forums/bb-admin/admin.php

Got a 404 error.

Same thing here:

forums/bb-admin/index.php

Both pages do exist.

I logged in and when try to access same addresses as above, It just redirects me again to the same standard page.

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I logged out and tried to go to this Address:

forums/bb-admin/admin.php

Got a 404 error.

Same thing here:

forums/bb-admin/index.php

Both pages do exist.

I logged in and when try to access same addresses as above, It just redirects me again to the same standard page.

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I have the correct settings under usermeta? It’s exactly as you list??

snelson2678

@snelson2678

I have the correct settings under usermeta? It’s exactly as you list??

I’ve just installed WP and as I went through the installation and integration of bbPress I found this same problem. First, cookies are not the problem. The cookies are set. It almost seems like it could be a mod_rewrite problem, but I don’t think that’s it either. I’ll tell you this though, after getting bbPress all set up I installed bbPress integration in WP. Now I can’t see anything. Even my wp site does not load. What gives? Does this work or not?

I’ve just installed WP and as I went through the installation and integration of bbPress I found this same problem. First, cookies are not the problem. The cookies are set. It almost seems like it could be a mod_rewrite problem, but I don’t think that’s it either. I’ll tell you this though, after getting bbPress all set up I installed bbPress integration in WP. Now I can’t see anything. Even my wp site does not load. What gives? Does this work or not?

BuBBy the Real
    Participant

@bubby-the-real

I’ve noticed the same occasionally happens with me. I log out and in again (kicking the tyres on the walk around the car) – and Admin once again works for me.

Also don’t know what causes it – but logging out and back in again seems to be less painful than working out the actual cause.

BuBBy the Real
    Participant

@bubby-the-real

I’ve noticed the same occasionally happens with me. I log out and in again (kicking the tyres on the walk around the car) – and Admin once again works for me.

Also don’t know what causes it – but logging out and back in again seems to be less painful than working out the actual cause.

snelson2678

@snelson2678

Tried logging out and back in. No good????

snelson2678

@snelson2678

Tried logging out and back in. No good????

I had same problem . I log out and in again which solves it.

/Yerty

Tjällden

I had same problem . I log out and in again which solves it.

/Yerty

Tjällden

snelson2678

@snelson2678

Any other ideas?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar