Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin control over member forum and topic subscriptions

• ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Hi all,

I see in the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-toolkit/ there is an option for admin to add and remove member subscriptions to forums and topics but this plugin is out of date and not being maintained.

Does anyone know of another plugin that lets admin control the subscriptions of bbpress members?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Oh… I have seen the bbPress Notify (No-Spam) plugin but this seems to subscribe all members rather than being able to select individual members and edit their subscriptions?

Robin W

@robin-w

toolkit still works as far as I know, but if you’re worried, you can always activate to change subscriptions and then deactivate, the actual subscription settings changed are in bbpress

ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Thanks Robin…. I didnt think I could activate and deactivate after making any changes to subscriptions… Thats great info! 🙂 Especially for a plugin thats not been updated for 4 years…

The toolkit looks like a great project… Is there a reason its been abandoned and no one has taken it on?

Robin W

@robin-w

like all free software it takes time and energy to maintain them. Many get abandoned because the authors no longer use them themselves, so have no impetus to keep them updated. I have written several plugins that I no longer use, and it is a great effort to keep them live.

ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Thanks for your help Robin. 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar