Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Additional Field

• wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

I’m thinking about using bbpress, however, I would need an additional field when posting a message. There is the Title field, the post box to type your message, and a tags box to type tags/keywords, but I also want to have an additional, custom field. Is there a plug in for this, or would this be easy to add? How would it be done? I want the extra field to all a user to enter in a URL.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• johnhiler

@johnhiler

Who would be posting the URL.. only the person starting each topic? Or do you also want each person commenting on the topic to also be able to add their own URLs…

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Hi John,

Good question! I would only want the person posting the topic to have the additional field. People that reply would just have the normal message box.

Thanks!

johnhiler

@johnhiler

Ah that’s good!

That means you only need meta information for each Topic… that’s a lot easier to pull off than having meta information for each Post. At least, that was true in 0.9… I think bbPress 1.0 has changed how it handles meta data.

Anyway, you should be able to pretty easily commission a plugin to add an extra field to Topic Meta… it’s definitely technically possible, but a plugin to do this doesn’t yet exist.

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

You what would also work, if there was a topic description plug in. Some forums let you post a title & a short description below that, then your message. I’m surprised bbpress doesn’t already have this type of plug in.

johnhiler

@johnhiler

Yah sorry, that plugin doesn’t exist in either form. :-(

But it’s definitely technically possible, and shouldn’t take too long to build. :-) You should be able to hire someone to program it for relatively cheap…

Good luck!!

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Nah, it’s not that important to me to pay someone to make it. Maybe one day someone will make the plugin.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar