Bottom

Adding support for Autosave and Fullscreen to TinyMCE toolbar

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Hi Guys

I have just added my first plugin to the WordPress Plugin Directory:

Add AutoSave | Fullscreen to TinyMCE

I wonder if it can be added to the list here on the site (or maybe in bbp style pack list)?

If you have the TinyMCE toolbar activated in your bbPress forum then it should hopefully show the extra two toolbar icons as details in the description for the plugin.

It works for me – has done so for many months. I just decided to make it available to the community and updated it to use the officially supported TinyMCE as was released with WordPress 5.5.

I am no plugin guru by any means, if it it helps anyone then it will have served it’s purpose.

Have a good day.

Andrew

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

nice plugin !!

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Thank you!

fence1
    Participant

@fence1

very good
    thanks

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Thank you. @fence1.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

If you have tried it then feel free to add a review there.

Bye for now.

Robin W

@robin-w

are the min files copied from elsewhere? or did you create the code?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

The data in the mce folder are the release build min files from the official TinyMCE plugin downloads.

Robin W

@robin-w

ah thanks !!

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Unfortunately whilst there have been several downloads of my plugin there appears to be zero installations of it. Oh well!

Mark Smith
    Participant

@marksmith11

Nice plugin

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

@pathfinderforme I don’t really understand your question.

Robin W

@robin-w

@ajtruckle spam masquerading as a question 🙂

wendylady
    Participant

@wendylady

Hi @ajtruckle! I just installed your plugin and while it added the fullscreen capability to the editor and warns you if you are going to leave the page after starting to reply, it doesn’t actually autosave after a specific time interval. Is it supposed to do that?

I’m using the latest versions of bbpress, buddypress, advanced tinymce, bbp style pack, and buddypress members only.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Hi @wendylady

Thanks for trying the plugin! According to the TinyMCE documentation for autosave it simply states:

This plugin gives the user a warning if they made modifications to the content within an editor instance but didn’t submit the changes.

I notice there is an option autosave_interval:

This option enables you to specify the time the editor should wait between taking snapshots of the current content and saving them to local storage. The syntax is to append the letter s to the end of a number value. For example, “30s” for 30 seconds.

According to the documentation the default is 30 seconds. Since i do not specify this option in my plugin it must be using this default of 30 seconds.

If you don’t mind, could you also re-produce your query in the support forum for the plugin:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/add-autosave-fullscreen-to-tinymce/

?

And I can add the same response there.

Does this help?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

@wendylady, also, if you install the “Advanced Editor Tools” plugin you can get your TinyMCE toolbar to show the menu bar. I just tried it. This menu bar has the “Restore last draft” on it.

But I have not added any code to include the “restoredraft” button on the toolbar itself.

But as previously mentioned, the autosave is defaulting to 30 seconds.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar