Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding structured data to topic pages

• gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

When I check my site with Google Structured Data Testing Tool, it’s giving errors for BBpress topic pages. How can I add structered data like author and date to topic pages?

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Temporarily, I’ve added itemprop=”datePublished dateModified” value to <span class=”bbp-reply-post-date”> and itemprop=”author” to <div class=”bbp-reply-author”> at loop-single-reply.php file. But I wonder if there’s a better solution.

If you want to customise your site to match any of these formats then creating a child theme with the template changes that you’ve already made is the way to go.

And just some FYI on on this stuff from a bbPress context, historically bbPress has supported Microformats as this is also what WordPress uses and most of the search engines also support, Google included.

There is a long standing ticket in bbPress to get its breadcrumbs to work better with search engines though the fact as noted in that ticket is that none of the proposed specifications have been finalised, as none of the HTML5 microdata, Google Microdata Breadcrumbs or Bing Microdata Breadcrumbs specs are complete so we’ll probably go with the accessibility proposal instead.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar