Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding a new plugin to the repository?

• Hi,

I’ve tried adding a new plugin to the repository using the form at http://bbpress.org/plugins/forum/requests. This went fine, I got the request done, but then — nothing.

If I’ve understood correctly, I should have received an email with instruction/link to the SVN. This didn’t happen though.

I did this a couple hours ago. Am I just too hasty, or is something not quite working? :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Wait a little more. The requests are verified by a human, and IIRC, there’s only one person who does it. My plugins usually took one to two days to be approved. Once they’re approved, everything is automated.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Wait a little more. The requests are verified by a human, and IIRC, there’s only one person who does it. My plugins usually took one to two days to be approved. Once they’re approved, everything is automated.

Thanks, just got the access today. For what it is worth, a notice on the request page stating that the requests are processed by humans might be useful.

The bigger question at this point however is — now that I have the access, then what? :) Are there any instructions available anywhere?

Note that I am not referring to instructions on how to use SVN; than I can do. But since there doesn’t appear to be any web UI to manage the plugin, information how to manage it using the SVN would be helpful.

Thanks, just got the access today. For what it is worth, a notice on the request page stating that the requests are processed by humans might be useful.

The bigger question at this point however is — now that I have the access, then what? :) Are there any instructions available anywhere?

Note that I am not referring to instructions on how to use SVN; than I can do. But since there doesn’t appear to be any web UI to manage the plugin, information how to manage it using the SVN would be helpful.

Actually, never mind, I figured it out.

A simple note, such as “Hey stupid, all you need is a properly formatted readme.txt in your plugin folder.” would have made it even easier though :)

Actually, never mind, I figured it out.

A simple note, such as “Hey stupid, all you need is a properly formatted readme.txt in your plugin folder.” would have made it even easier though :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar