Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding a bbpress used without WordPress user

• jcoleporter
    Participant

@jcoleporter

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how I can add a user to participate in the bbpress forums, but not allow them access to sign on to my wp-admin panel. When the registration email is sent out, it includes in the default message the sitename/wp-admin for them to sign on. I don’t want my forum users to get routed there, but want them to just be sent back to the forum sign on page internally.

Any help? Am I missing something simple?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Make sure you have no login, register widget on the WP side and use a plugin for login,regsiter that re-directs users back to the page they logged in from. There are several that do that.
    I even believe there is a bbPress login widget

I presume you have on the WP side comments and such off for users (only read blog)

jcoleporter
    Participant

@jcoleporter

I need to be able to first approve of their membership, so it can’t be automatic, and then I have to add them as users. Is there a widget/plugin that allows me to add them as users manually? When I try and do it manually on the WP admin dashboard, it also forces me to make them a user on the blog, which I don’t want. I want them to only access the forum.

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

https://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/
    There might be other plugins also just do a search

On the WP side you can always just keep them at -No role for this site- or just subscriber, which just means they can read, but not write posts on the WP side.

When I try and do it manually on the WP admin dashboard, it also forces me to make them a user on the blog, which I don’t want. I want them to only access the forum.

bbPress users ARE WordPress users so as @ronthai points out just make the users WordPress role ‘Subscriber’ to which point you may as well just use the built in users panel in your WordPress admin.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar