Skip to:

Add event calendar to bbpress sidebar

• Hello,

I’m new to WordPress and BBpress but I like the simplicity involved in using them. Currently, I have a wordpress site and a bbpress site that share a database. The wordpress site uses the Event Calendar plugin+widget to display its calendar and in the readme for Event Calendar I found the following:

Add the
    following code to your sidebar.php:

Event Calendar:
    <?php ec3_get_calendar(); ?>

Upcoming Events:
    <?php ec3_get_events(5); ?>

If you are using an older template, then you should check that your HTML
    header contains the following tag: <?php wp_head(); ?>

I’d like to add the Event Calendar to my BBpress sidebar; however, this solution doesn’t appear to work. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer

You would need to include WordPress in your bbPress installation to have access to all the WordPress functions.

Sharing the database does not allow you to use WordPress functions from within bbPress.

chrishajer ist right, the wp-blog-header is required in order to make it work.

But apparently this is still not enough; you’ll need to make sure bbpress accesses the event calendar’s CSS files as well; furthermore the events list from this plugin is designed in a way that it will display the details of an event by making use of javascript; this, however, fails. I couldn’t get this to work yet. So in my bbpress people see that there is an event on a certain day, but cant click on it.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Also I’d like to know whether there is a way of accessing the plugin via the bbpress dashboard instead/in addition to the wordpress dashboard. Or, skipping the bbpress dashboard altogether and have one dashboard for WP and bbpress. :-)

Also it seems that by including the wp header the language settings of bbpress are being overrided… ?

@Tinkerer – that is correct. That has been a problem for some time. What versions did you integrate?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar