Categories
Search
Bottom

Add a subscribe to all forum topics button

• haddlyapis
    Participant

@haddlyapis

Hi,
    I am looking for a plugin/piece of code that i can apply to the main forum page so that users can subscribe to all topics and sub-topics in one go.
    Can you help?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

With my bbP Toolkit plugin an admin or moderator could force that for a specific user.
    If you want this automated for an existing forum and the existing topics, you would find the necessary code in my plugin.
    But probably you want to somewhere keep a record of the users that clicked this button so that for every new topic, that user also gets subscribed automatically.

Thinking of it, it might be easier to create an extra capability/role, apply them to users that want to have a ‘subscribe-all’ and then on every new topic creation check that and add the subscriptions…

Just some ideas, no codes, but I hope it gives you a start.

haddlyapis
    Participant

@haddlyapis

Hey,
    Where would i find the necessary code in your plugin?

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

subscriptions.php

haddlyapis
    Participant

@haddlyapis

Thx. sorry for being so slow,
    but which function could i use to add the “Subscribe to all topics” button to the main forum page.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Sorry.
    There is no specific function for that. I just wanted to point you to my code so you get the necessary bbp functions that you can call. There is nothing already created for you there, I just wanted to give you some examples about how to handle subscriptions.

haddlyapis
    Participant

@haddlyapis

Oh, ok.
    Any chance you want to have a go at creating that function?
    I know there is a plugin that automatically subscribes you to all forum topics upon signing up to the forum, but this is a little extreme and potentially illegal.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Leave a message on the support forum of my plugin and let’s see…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar