Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Activation email not being sent

• ript247
    Participant

@ript247

Using Wp 3.4.2 and latest version of bp my site is http://riptpages.com  My problem is that I have been informed that there are two issues with registering to my site . 1) once registered  and activated username and password not recognized 2) some members are not receiving activation emails.  Im not sure when the issue started or how to duplicate the problem i ran several test signups and they were successful all the way through.  Not sure what is the problem. Although Im glad to finally find out what was going on because I found it odd at first that I had a steady flow of members registering and no one posting or commenting, but it makes since now. So if anyone could be so kind as to give me a suggestion on how to fix. I read on another forum that the issue could probably be fixed with this wp-mail-smtp plugin but Im not sure if it applies to my problem. Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You are using the ‘OneAll Social Login’ plugin to register users rather than the bbPress (WordPress) process and I would suspect that any errors related to incorrect username/password issues would be related to how this plugin is registering users with WordPress rather than this being a bbPress issue.

Try asking your question in the plugin support at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/oa-social-login and that may also sort out why users are not receiving the activation email also.

ript247
    Participant

@ript247

OK I see.. thank you. its probably why I didnt have an issue registering with my test users 🙂

ript247
    Participant

@ript247

Nope just tested oneall also and had no problem registering. In fact it was much easier. Totally confused now as to why I can register and others cant. I am going to try to troubleshoot using a different computer, maybe it is a browser issue.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar