Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Activate different plugins to different forums?

• m_elghag
    Participant

@m_elghag

Is there a way to activate different plugins to different forums? Perhaps I’d like a certain rating plugin for one forum..A question and answer plugin for another forum etc.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

a plugin will act across a wp installation.

So will all depend on how each plugi is implemented as to whether it can be forum specific, for instance bbp private groups only applies to forums which have a parameter set.

m_elghag
    Participant

@m_elghag

Can’t you modify plugins to work only on forums with a certain parameter? And create your own parameters to use on forums that you want to use the plugin on?

Robin W

@robin-w

Can’t you modify plugins to work only on forums with a certain parameter? And create your own parameters to use on forums that you want to use the plugin on?

Of course you can – all wordpress and wordpress site free plugins are open source so you can do what you like!!

m_elghag
    Participant

@m_elghag

That’s great! πŸ™‚ how? πŸ™‚

How do I create my own parameters for forum?
    What do I have to add to plugins to make them only work with the parameters I’ve created?

Robin W

@robin-w

That’s great! πŸ™‚ how? πŸ™‚

Spend several years learning to code PHP πŸ™‚

Sorry but there isn’t a better answer to your question, so the short answer to your original question is NO, unless you learn to code or the particular plugin has been written to do that.

m_elghag
    Participant

@m_elghag

Ok, thought there might be an easy way to just add an conditional to the whole code and test if the forum has a certain parameter.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar