Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

a way to check for subforums

• MaTaX91

@matax91

I was going to use the psudo class :before to add a little image next to the links of forums that had subforums in them, but then I realized that bbpress doesn’t add any specific class to these forum links.

Is there a way to add a class to just the forums that have subforums in them so that I can add this little image to those links?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• MaTaX91

@matax91

if one of the devs could look at this and see if there is a way to do this?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No reason you shouldn’t be able to single out the container for each forum, and do it that way?

MaTaX91

@matax91

I didn’t ee any specific class but I’ll look again, or are you saying there is a way with PHP?

MaTaX91

@matax91

No I don’t see anything, essentially what I want to be able to do is on the main list of forums, have each forum link that has sub-forums in it have a specific class on it, so I can single that out with css and use styling the show that that forum has sub-forums in it.

Like they do here…

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/45-GRO-North-America

All the forum names that have that little symbol next to it have sub-forums in them. That is exactly what I want to do with my bbpress forum

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Added and fixed in: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1803

Will be in bbPress 2.1. Thanks for the recommendation!

MaTaX91

@matax91

so is there a way for me to download the files that add that functionality into 2.1, I have the dev version of it

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

However you did it originally. You’ll have an easier time running it directly from a Subversion checkout. If you’re unfamiliar, a Google search should return tons of good results on how to do this. Makes the life of running bleeding edge code much easier.

MaTaX91

@matax91

it says access is forbidden in tortoisesvn?

never mind

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Does that mean you got it figured out?

MaTaX91

@matax91

yes I did but I’m having some weird problems with the layout, might be my error, I’ll do some more testing first before I make a new post about it.

Thanks John!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Cool. Good luck!

MaTaX91

@matax91

am I missing something here, I fixed the error I stated above but I don’t see any class on the forums that contain subforums, and I did the sub-version thing with the latest version. Is there something I need to add somewhere?

MaTaX91

@matax91

so did I do something wrong when I checked out the latest using my svn thing?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

You’ve fixed this, marking resolved :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar