Categories
Search
Bottom

a spot of trouble with auth cookie salt, wpmu 2.6.5 bbpress 1.0.4 a, buddypress

• Ehegwer
    Participant

@ehegwer

Howdy!

Just wanted to see if anyone had a fix for a salt value. I’m working on installing the latest bbpress alpha 1.0.4a intp wordpress mu 2.6.5 with working buddypress integration. I can log into wordpress and bbpress independently, but the values aren’t passing.

Here’s how I’ve mapped the keys and salts (notice one is missing):

????? –> WordPress “auth” cookie salt

SECURE_AUTH_SALT –> WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt

LOGGED_IN_SALT –> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt

AUTH_KEY –> BB_AUTH_KEY

SECURE_AUTH_KEY –> BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY

LOGGED_IN_KEY –> BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY

I’ve tried almost everything, and was hoping someone had a solution.

Cheers,

E

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I suspect the buddypress support forum is your best bet unless Trent happens to know the answer (and notices the question here).

@ehegwer,

I was having the same problem, then sambauers told me this:

You can either define the COOKIEHASH in WPMU or define each cookie name individually in WPMU

The COOKIEHASH is the letter jumble part of each cookie name after the last underscore.

So, put define(‘COOKIEHASH’, ” ); in your wp-config file, and place the cookie hash between the single-quote (I found this by viewing my cookies after logging in through the brower and taking the alpha-numeric string following the wordpress_

I saw something like this:

wordpress_f8jhg89q00w…

Make any sense?

Jim has it. As well, the bbPress integration shouldn’t work with WPMU 2.6.5 to be honest from my understanding for the “buddypress” parts. It works for login and cookie integration, but needs SVN until release of WPMU 2.7 for the buddypress side.

Trent

The missing value in your list is AUTH_SALT

It *may* work in 2.6.5 if you define all the cookie names individually in WPMU.

Question, any reason why, after making sure all the keys matched between the two, I’d still be getting this error:

>>> Fetching missing WordPress cookie salts.

>>>>>> WordPress “auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt not set.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar