Categories
Search
Bottom

A few concerns before migrating to bbPress

• rinh
    Participant

@rinh

Greetings

I’m administrating a small forum currently on open source Vanilla, but they seem to discontinue their open source version and I’m looking for other solutions. Since we’re also already on WordPress bbPress seems like a choice to look into, but I’m worried we’ll get into the same situation again with the software being discontinued or outdated.

When I installed bbPress I noticed it said untested with the current version of WordPress, but also it does seem to be updated the past year so there may be no problem.

I need to ask though if bbPress is alive and planning to be alive for the future?
    Are there any security concerns with it being updated so rarely or that’s perfectly fine?

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I am not a bbpress author, but had been a moderator here for 7 or more years.

bbpress continues to be maintained, but releases are generally not frequent.

bbpress works with wordpress 6.x.

bbpress is stable, indeed it is used by WordPress as the main support tool for plugins, themes and WordPress itself, and is written by some of the main WordPress contributors so complies with WordPress standards.

There are many additional plugins for it which add functionality and design features – indeed several are written by me 🙂

rinh
    Participant

@rinh

Thank you 🙂 I’ll look into and give bbPress a proper try.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – have a look at this as an additional plugin it adds many features – it also lists other bbpress plugins

bbp style pack

rinh
    Participant

@rinh

Thanks!

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

bbp style pack is a must have plugin with any bbpress forum !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar