Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

7 attempts to create a Forum and still a blank page

• scrawny
    Participant

@scrawny

Latest WP version, latest php version, 2016 Theme, latest bbPress version, site under construction.

I installed bbPress, followed the setup and create a forum following directions. When I click on View page or copy/paste url for the forum I get a blank page.

I deactivate and delete bbPress, clean cache and reinstall bbPress. Do everything according to directons and get a blank page.

When I click on the ‘All Forums’ link I get a blank screen even after creating forums. All forums set to no parent and order is set to 0.

I’ve installed and deactivated and cleared cache and mysql and reinstalled bbpress 7 times and keep getting a blank page no matter which url I try to display the forum. What’s that saying about people repeating the same mistake over and over and over??

I’ve run vBulletin for years, and phpBB, but no matter what I keep getting a blank forum screen with bbPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• scrawny
    Participant

@scrawny

Upate:

bbPress fails to create Forums, Topics, and Replies in Menu section. It does create Forums, Topics, and Replies in the left sidebar in the Dashboard listings. But as mentioned above, no Forums appear when I click on ‘All Forums’ after creating Forums.

scrawny
    Participant

@scrawny

I have installed another forum program. Too many problems with bbPress.

scrawny
    Participant

@scrawny

Switched back to bbPress 2.6 Beta 2. Works fine with php 7.0.19 now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar