Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

503 server errors with big forum on Flywheel

• Daniel J. Lewis
    Participant

@djosephdesign

I have a large bbPress forum where the wp_postsmeta table is 2 GB! Surprisingly, I’ve not had much trouble hosting that anywhere until I tried Flywheel.

When bbPress is active, trying to log in through /wp-login.php gives me a 503 error and won’t let me into the dashboard. But if I remove bbPress from the plugins folder, I can log in successfully. This is 100% repeatable.

The Flywheel people can log in with their own admin account, but they aren’t a forum “keymaster.”

This site used to be WordPress Multisite but is now its own installation. Server is PHP 7.2.

But this exact same site runs fine when hosted on Liquid Web, or my own server via Centminmod.

Can you give any guidance? Unfortunately, the logs aren’t helpful.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• suranodsk
    Participant

@suranodsk

I think that you have problems with hosting or incorrectly performed site migration to a new engine. I advise you to check it with a special tool host-tracker.com/InstantCheck/Create/ We will continue to build on the information received.

Daniel J. Lewis
    Participant

@djosephdesign

I tried the migration both with their handling it and with my own WP Migrate DB Pro plugin. Both produced the same results.

I did find a ton of Akismet data bloating my database because of the saved copy of what was sent to Akismet (horrible design there). But I believe even cleaning up that 1 or 2 GB of bloat didn’t fix things.

I’m no longer paying for Flywheel, but I do still have the ability to create a free private test site.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar