Categories
Search
Bottom

404 error with hierarchy roles

• marketing050
    Participant

@marketing050

Hello,

I use bbPress as an forum on the Woffice theme from Alkaweb. I created 5 forums, and the index can be viewed at …./forums/. However, only I as administrator can see the index and 5 forums, but my the user roles cannot. They constantly get an 404 error. I checked the roles permissions and even make them all the same as the administrator, but it still won’t work. How can the other user roles also view the forum index?

Thanks!

Plugins: Members, Members – Role Hierarchy, Nav Menu Roles, Unyson

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• marketing050
    Participant

@marketing050

Okay, i used shortcodes for pages and redirected the index to these specific pages. But now the different users can’t see the specific topics. They are listed in the index with all the topics, but when you click further on a specific topic, I still get an 404 error. How do i change this?

Javier
    Participant

@contentassasin

Which web server are you using (nginx, apache..)?

Robin W

@robin-w

you’ll need to do some fault finding

It could be a theme or plugin issue issue, so you’ll need to test to find out which

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

marketing050
    Participant

@marketing050

I tried testing the twentyfifteen and the other twenty-themes, did not work. Also deactivated the plugins, did not work. I think the hosting is using mysql for it servers.

marketing050
    Participant

@marketing050

I also tried changing the permalinks, but that did not work either, sadly.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think you’ll need to raise this with your hosting company.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar