Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 after update

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

When recently updating to 2.6.2 version of bbPress, I am getting 404s when new user arrives on homepage of forums. 404s are visible to user and showing in logs. When page is hard refreshed, forums show up.

But strange, if, if user goes to link within forums (topic, etc.), no 404s occur.

I am using bbp-forum-index shortcode on homepage of forums. I did a test and issue doesn’t occur when shortcodes aren’t used (no 404), but of course, no forums are available.

With shortcodes, even through 404s occur, the sidebar displays and shows the user’s logged-in info (avatar, etc).

Issue seems to only occur when user is logged in and visits forums. I have forums on their own WordPress installation within a directory of main site.

I thought it might have been cache, but issue still occurs when cache is disabled.

Here is link to site:

https://www.lifeleap.org/community/

Any suggestions on what might be occurring or what I do to troubleshoot issue? Thanks for any help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this issue? There don’t seem to be any errors in the log files.

Robin W

@robin-w

try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and simply press save – this resets the links and might fix

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Robin,

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s one of the first things I did, including saving settings of other plugins. Still no luck.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Oddly, the sidebar content for user shows (username, links to topics, etc.) even though there is a 404 error where the main forums should be. I tried running bbPress with almost all plugins disabled and default theme enabled – still get the 404. But when main page is refreshed, forums display correctly.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar