Categories
Search
Bottom

2017 Google penalty – what to do?

• dandr69
    Participant

@dandr69

Hey there,
    I got a penalty on my bbpress forum that I recently found out. Traffic from Google was dropping starting march 2017. Analyse shows only /topic/ is affected.
    I dont know what to do. Should I delete topics with low text and quality? Should I close the forums and leave only relevant content?
    I have no idea. None of the new content is indexed well. I tried to update and clean old topics, but they are not getting new traffic.

Any help is appreciated!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Do you have SEO meta tags for topics: title and description (based on the topic excerpt). Maybe the topic meta titles are not correct, it can be useful to add forum name where topic belongs too.

dandr69
    Participant

@dandr69

Thanks, I will try this asap.

istudio56
    Participant

@istudio56

Did you check the page if affected by any malware function? Use webmaster tools to find the reason or contact any seo company to recover the problem.

iStudio Tech
    Chennai, India

dandr69
    Participant

@dandr69

Yes, there is no security or manual action, no message on Webmasters. I spoke to two SEO companies, they found out about /topic/ beeing affected, but noone established what to do to recover… There are some idea, one beeing to remove all content exept those articles that rank well. This sounds a bit crazy to me.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar