Categories
Search
Bottom

20-14 and full width :-(

• Bertbig
    Participant

@bertbig

Hi there,

I have been wandering around for a few days on the internet, spending most of the time as a guest on this bbPress forum.

I am trying to find out a way to expand the very small column containing the bbPress forum in the middle of my website http://2islands.nl/forums/forum/forum-2islands/. To be honest I am a little frustrated to find out kinds of different ways with small pieces of code added here and there in .css and .php files that don’t work for me.

Viewing from what I find in this and other fora, I am not the only one having this problem.

I am not a html programmer, but I can copy and paste very well. 🙂

Can anyone help me get my bbPress on full with (keeping my left sidebar) in a neat way, for instance by editing a bbpress.php file of something like that.

Believe me; i tried at least twenty of the tricks found in this and other fora. Nothing works. Let’s get this over with once and for all :-).

THANKS for any help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Bertbig
    Participant

@bertbig

I seemed to have solved the problem myself: #happy.
    I have made a child theme of twentyfourteen.

And edited the style.css in the child theme; I added this code:

.site {
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    .site-content .entry-header,
    .site-content .entry-content,
    .site-content .entry-summary,
    .site-content .entry-meta, .page-content {
     /* Original max-width: 474px */
     max-width: 80%;
    }

The code makes the content area wider and centers the whole website, which was a wish on my list!

Cheers!

Bert

Robin W

@robin-w

Was just inspecting this at 80% and Was just coming back to say exactly that, but to set to 100%, which looks even better to me, but might not look as good on other pages !

Bertbig
    Participant

@bertbig

Ok thanks Robin, I’ll try that too!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar