Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2 sites one login

• onomoney
    Participant

@onomoney

Hi I have not built the site as of yet I do have several domains i use to build and test stuff though on our server.

Scenario: I build a WPMU site on the main domain then I add a sub-folder for bbpress is there a way / or thread here explaining how I can have separate databases and one login for both sites? I would like to keep the databases separated so as we grow and I need to separate things it would simplify things as far as moving and using a couple different servers.

So WP-1 with MU and / subfolder WP-2 with bbpress / 2 databases on the same account, one login for both.

I have to say this it took two weeks to figure it all out. But bbpress is prety awesome even after over 10 years of phpbb, I think you have something awesome here, Thanks!

One more thing, is there a way to set the notify tic box to “auto notify” and tic of you don’t want notified?
    Thanks again!
    BW

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • There are multiple articles out their on how to do multiple WordPress installs but share the users from a single database.

I’m not sure why you would want to do it this way though if it is just scalability you are concerned about have a read of this thread https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-for-millions-of-posts/

moneyonlinetalk
    Participant

@moneyonlinetalk

Please why is the forum showing empty?

onomoney
    Participant

@onomoney

OK so I totally spaced and replied on the thread above with this reply first instead of here. Sorry!

Thanks for the thread netweb my concern is definitely performance number one. But point well taken optimization is always first and foremost no matter what size the site is.

I had to ask because there are so many articles and threads on how to accomplish the multi-login scenario none of them are without issues. I’m really not looking to complicate or increase my workload.

You made some real valid points and have helped narrow down my decision making a whole bunch. I have found that keeping things as simple as we can really works out for the best in the long run in most cases.

Rock on with the bbpress project, I love my phpbb, been using them for 10 years. It’s time to try something new. I do like its simplicity and it’s come a long way from almost a year ago when I looked at it.

Thanks for your time and help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar