Categories
Search
Bottom

2.6 doesn’t recognise existing WP forum roles

• scabbrox
    Participant

@scabbrox

Hello there

I’ve run into an issue with updating our website’s forum from 2.5.14 to 2.6.

We have been using a set of wp roles as additional forum roles on our site for about 2 years now to allow us to have more tiers of membership and administrator roles visible in the forums rather than the standard 5. This has worked fine up till now but when we apply the 2.6 update these roles are no longer recognised as additional forum roles, though they still exists as wordpress roles.

I’m not entirely sure how these roles were initially flagged as forum roles, but they were simply created by duplicating the existing forum roles and then renaming them.

I’ve checked the functions.file for our child theme and there’s nothing in there that would be assigning them so I’m assuming it’s because of differences in the capabilities-php file where some of the previous capabilities are listed as deprecated in 2.6.

Any idea how we can fix this as currently we’re unable to upgrade until we can retain the roles.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)

• scabbrox
    Participant

@scabbrox

I should point out the bbp-style pack is used to modify display names and other display tweaks as the site was originally set up with this plugin by someone else.

If I disable it I get a fatal error on bbpress forums so I’ve kind of had to live with it despite not being entirely convinced it’s not more trouble than it’s worth.

Robin W

@robin-w

without knowing what then fatal error is, hard to help further – can you switch debug on ?

scabbrox
    Participant

@scabbrox

I’m not sure how to do that.

Robin W

@robin-w

your host provider will be able to tell you

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar