Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.6.0 doesn’t underline links

• stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

When I upgraded to bbPress 2.6.0, the links in my forums (e.g. topic names, links in posts) don’t show up underlined any more like they used to. So they’re not obviously links any more, which seems to be a usability issue. This is with WordPress 5.3.

I haven’t changed anything to do with the theme/appearance.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

I’m using the Twenty Seventeen theme, by the way.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Mine still show underline on mouse hover. But then I sent my CSS styling to do that anyway as my theme by default didn’t.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Different themes use different styling for different reasons.

If I recall correctly, Twenty Seventeen does not use the text-decoration attribute, but rather uses some kind of text-shadow or bottom-border. It’s a weird anomaly with how that theme decided to do things.

It’s nearly impossible for bbPress to work perfectly with all themes, but we do try to keep the default styling working well with the themes that come bundled with WordPress.

This should be solvable with a bit of custom CSS. I’ll create a Trac ticket and see if we can bring this back for you with this theme specifically.

stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

Thank you JJJ!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This should be fixed in 2.6.1. Let me know!

stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I installed 2.6.1. and now embedded links in posts are underlined again, which is great, and that was the most problematic thing for my forums.

However, the names of forums and topic names themselves aren’t underlined (they used to be pre-2.6.0). I hate to be “that guy” but is there any chance this can be fixed too? This also applies to the links to the most recent post, names of posters, etc.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Is there any reason you can’t just use additional CSS to get things like links looking and behaving as you prefer? Just a thought … 🙂 I am only a user … 🙂

stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

Is there any reason you can’t just use additional CSS to get things like links looking and behaving as you prefer?

Not really, but I’m just using a standard WP theme and it was working in 2.5, so 2.6 shouldn’t really have changed how it looks.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Not really, but I’m just using a standard WP theme and it was working in 2.5, so 2.6 shouldn’t really have changed how it looks.

Fair point!

Robin W

@robin-w

@stevehammatt presume this is fixed in 2.6.1

stevehammatt
    Participant

@stevehammatt

Not fixed fully in 2.6.1 as per my earlier reply – forum names, user names etc don’t appear underlined as links. 2.6.1 just fixed embedded links in posts.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar