Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1 bbPress across multiple websites

• RoganSarine

@rogansarine

I have already figured out (I think) the easiest way to make websites share users, but what exactly is the best way to have each website link to the same forum (if possible, with it’s own theme to fit the websites scheme, but unnecessary).

The reason I ask is because I don’t want to just off-site link to the forum… I’d like the domain and the navigation to stay the same.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• RoganSarine

@rogansarine

Nobody?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This would take a considerable amount of effort, to have the same forum have several different themes and views.

RoganSarine

@rogansarine

The forum skin doesn’t need to be different across the different sites. I was thinking of off-linking the forum somehow in an iFrame or something using Multisite on WP.

RoganSarine

@rogansarine

Bump again.

Is there actually no way to use multisite users and use, for example, an iframe from the main website? They don’t need to be individually skinned.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I’m guessing that the most ‘generic’ way to do this would be to use multisite, put bbPress onto a single site, and then simply add a link to that site in all the other sites menu’s.

You could use a plugin like

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-user-management/

That would add each user to every site on your network when they signup on one site. It does take some setup, but works pretty well for what it is.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar