Forum Replies Created
Unfortunately not. As I said I could reproduce it on a fresh MAMP Installation with the Twenty Twelve theme and without any plugin else. For me it looks like a problem related to the database, because I changed the login_name there.
I don´t have much time to dig deeper and it is a private forum with only a few members which I all know. So I am living with the workaround.
I forgot to say, that I could reproduce the problem on a local testing site installed with MAMP on my machine.
No, I don´t have bbPress Advanced Capabilities in the mix anymore. I deleted the plugin.
I installed it, because I thought it may help me with my problem.
When I first ran into these problem I had no capabilities changing plugin installed at all. bbPress worked fine. It started with changing the login_name in wp_users in the database of a user who was Moderator.
My workaround in the moment is changing the Moderator to Keymaster, so he can create forums in the dashboard and the common users, who don´t see the WP-toolbox on top of the page, can create topics and answers over the frontend. But it doesn´t give me a good feeling that something is wrong and I am not able to repair it. I don´t know now where I should dig deeper.
Can I provide you with more information?
Here it is:
The user is Editor in WP and Moderator in bbPress.
I installed it after I had the problem. I tried to fix bbPress capabilities with it. In the meantime I restored the default WP capabilities. But it had no effect on the menu.
The first thing I did was deactivating all plugins but bbPress. Nothing happened!
Now I switched to twentytwelve. But that did not fix it either.
If it helps, I could send you the wp_capabilities entry (table: wp_usermeta) in the database of a user with the role Moderator.
I deleted the user on a local test-installation with MAMP, where I could reproduce the problem. It made no difference.
Here is what I can see and do in WP frontend and backend:
– Logged in as Keymaster, I can do everything. I can see all bbPress related menu items in the WP Toolbox on top of the page.
– Logged in as Moderator, I can see the bbPress related menu items Topic and Answer in the WP toolbox, but not Forum. I can start a new forum on a page with the shortcode [bbp-forum-form] as a child-forum (same behaviour as Keymaster starting a forum with this shortcode).
– Logged in as Contributor I don´t have any bbPress related menu item in the WP toolbox, but I can start Topics and answer in the forum itself.
– Logged in as Keymaster I have every bbPress menu item.
– Logged in as Moderator I only have Topics and Answers as menu items.
– Logged in as Contributor I don´t have a bbPress menu at all.
For me it looks like every role has the corresponding capability, but the menu items of the role below, except the Keymaster.
What I also tried was changing capabilities with the plugin bbPress Advanced Capabilities and restoring the WP default capabilities with Capability Manager Advanced. No difference.