Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Header integration (HOW TO GUIDE)

• bingsterloot

@bingsterloot

Hi all

I have been looking for the solution, but only found small hints here and there with no real complete guide on how to do it, so i have made a small one that should explain it in a simple way.

(THIS IS BASED ON WP 2.8.6 AND BBPRESS 1.0.2 WITH WP INTEGRATION VIA BBPRESS ADMIN.) If you have older versions installed, i recommend to read this exelent post by ck: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

step one: Add this string to your bb-config file in your bbpress folder:

require_once(‘/home/ your username/public_html/your wordpress folder/wp-blog-header.php’);

NOTE: The path might be different from host to host, but this is what my path looks like……you get the idea ;O)

step two:

Go to your WP template folder, and open up the file: header.php from your chosen template.

Copy over the content you want after the <BODY> tag, and copy it into your BBpress header.php template file after the <BODY> tag.

What i did here was to take a backup of the original BBpress header.php file, so i could paste in the things i needed from this file to the new one i just

created with the WP header content.

step 3 your css files

My approach to this was of course to take backup of both WP css and BB css files first. I used the BBpress css file as my main css file. I then took the css strings from the WP css file i needed, and simply copied them into my BBpress css file. In my case i needed the header and navigation strings.

NOTE: You might also need to copy the WP css body string, if your BB css Body string has different font measures. Some use EM´s and some use %. This will affect how your fonts react.

And that´s it folks. I hope you understand this, and if other people has something to add to this plz. do so we all can learn.

Mike

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar