Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Header integration (HOW TO GUIDE)

• bingsterloot

@bingsterloot

Hi all

I have been looking for the solution, but only found small hints here and there with no real complete guide on how to do it, so i have made a small one that should explain it in a simple way.

(THIS IS BASED ON WP 2.8.6 AND BBPRESS 1.0.2 WITH WP INTEGRATION VIA BBPRESS ADMIN.) If you have older versions installed, i recommend to read this exelent post by ck: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

step one: Add this string to your bb-config file in your bbpress folder:

require_once(‘/home/ your username/public_html/your wordpress folder/wp-blog-header.php’);

NOTE: The path might be different from host to host, but this is what my path looks like……you get the idea ;O)

step two:

Go to your WP template folder, and open up the file: header.php from your chosen template.

Copy over the content you want after the <BODY> tag, and copy it into your BBpress header.php template file after the <BODY> tag.

What i did here was to take a backup of the original BBpress header.php file, so i could paste in the things i needed from this file to the new one i just

created with the WP header content.

step 3 your css files

My approach to this was of course to take backup of both WP css and BB css files first. I used the BBpress css file as my main css file. I then took the css strings from the WP css file i needed, and simply copied them into my BBpress css file. In my case i needed the header and navigation strings.

NOTE: You might also need to copy the WP css body string, if your BB css Body string has different font measures. Some use EM´s and some use %. This will affect how your fonts react.

And that´s it folks. I hope you understand this, and if other people has something to add to this plz. do so we all can learn.

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.