Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Wp and bbpress

• Everything I am reading seems to be to have bbpress work with wp users

however this is my situation..

We have a wp install with 1 user and hundreds of post

a recently converted bbpress from vb with about 800 users with thousands of forum post…

we need to have wp use the bbpress user database so users logged in at the bbpress can leave comments on the wp blog w/o having to enter their name/email as we want them to be already logged in using the bbpress login

we are using wp 3.0.2

and bbpress 1.0.2

this has been very frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Yep, You need to integrate your forums with WordPress deeply, where you can set bbPress users table with WordPress users table during bbPress Integration.

After setting up cookies process, allow just registered members to comment on your blog.

For more help see this documentation.

Plus, I can personally help you to integrate forums.

Contact at pagalsoch {at} gmail {dot} com

Best of luck.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Yep, You need to integrate your forums with WordPress deeply, where you can set bbPress users table with WordPress users table during bbPress Integration.

After setting up cookies process, allow just registered members to comment on your blog.

For more help see this documentation.

Plus, I can personally help you to integrate forums.

Contact at pagalsoch {at} gmail {dot} com

Best of luck.

I hope you already have got help from pagal.

I hope you already have got help from pagal.

You don’t need deep integration for sharing user tables.

You can share them by defining something like this in wp-config.php file

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE','new_user_table');
    define('CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE', 'new_usermeta_table');

But I would suggest copying over the users in WordPress side and then telling bbPress to use WordPress tables.

You don’t need deep integration for sharing user tables.

You can share them by defining something like this in wp-config.php file

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE','new_user_table');
    define('CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE', 'new_usermeta_table');

But I would suggest copying over the users in WordPress side and then telling bbPress to use WordPress tables.

IronBenderII

@ironbenderii

I tried to do as Pagal suggested and seem to have messed things up… I can’t login to WP (no error returned, just a blank screen). I reset my password but got the same issue.

When I try and launch BBP I get the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bb_number_format_i18n() (previously declared in /home/ec25wjt/wolfpackrobotics.org/home/wp-content/plugins/forum-attachments-for-buddypress/forum-attachments-for-buddypress-bp-functions.php:393) in /home/ec25wjt/wolfpackrobotics.org/home/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress/bb-includes/class.bb-locale.php on line 449

Help?

IronBenderII

@ironbenderii

I tried to do as Pagal suggested and seem to have messed things up… I can’t login to WP (no error returned, just a blank screen). I reset my password but got the same issue.

When I try and launch BBP I get the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bb_number_format_i18n() (previously declared in /home/ec25wjt/wolfpackrobotics.org/home/wp-content/plugins/forum-attachments-for-buddypress/forum-attachments-for-buddypress-bp-functions.php:393) in /home/ec25wjt/wolfpackrobotics.org/home/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress/bb-includes/class.bb-locale.php on line 449

Help?

Plugin error with a buddypress plugin, try disabling all plugins and then launch bbpress again.

Also try emptying your cookies and closing/opening your browser. ;)

Plugin error with a buddypress plugin, try disabling all plugins and then launch bbpress again.

Also try emptying your cookies and closing/opening your browser. ;)

IronBenderII

@ironbenderii

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up undoing what I had done with the -config files to get it back online. Cookies were clean (used IE instead of FF). I can’t get my BP forum to work on my site. When you post nothing happens (no error message either). I’ll try today with fresh eyes. Thanks again.

IronBenderII

@ironbenderii

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up undoing what I had done with the -config files to get it back online. Cookies were clean (used IE instead of FF). I can’t get my BP forum to work on my site. When you post nothing happens (no error message either). I’ll try today with fresh eyes. Thanks again.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar