Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why you choose this complicated scheme ?

• Sidati
    Participant

@sidati

Hello,

I’m a WP developer, and i tried recently to integrate the bbPress with a wordpress theme, and i can understand why there’s 3 post-types (forums + topics + replies ), why not just one post-type (topic) and forum can be just (taxonomy) related to this post-type and then replies are just normal comments (make the “topic” post-type support comments). that make a lot of thing mush easier.

– like comment/replies moderation.
    – manage the forums (taxonnomies) easly.
    – reduce the DB size and benefits from the taxonomies, posts, comments tables instead of push everything in posts table which is the largest table.
    – and this make the bbPress super easy to integrates with themes. (its just post-type :)).

Is there a purpose from going on this complicated way ???
    Anyway thank you for this great plugin, em truly appreciate this effort 😀

Sidati

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Sidati
    Participant

@sidati

Any one can explain me why bbPress uses 3 post-types and ignore the WP comments system and taxonomy ??

Sidati
    Participant

@sidati

Any one cares ???

Robin W

@robin-w

lots care, but just coming on here and spouting abuse is hardly likely to create a discussion !

Sidati
    Participant

@sidati

Sorry, if i mis-explaining my idea, i just want to know if there’s purpose of using this method, that’s all, sometimes there’s causes enforce the devs to take the hard way, i like bbpress but it can be mush better 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar