Categories
Search
Bottom

User Pages Generating 404 Errors

• KaitlinFNF
    Participant

@kaitlinfnf

Hello,

Clicking a username from within the BBPress section generates a 404 error.

I’ve done extensive research on this problem, and haven’t been able to find a fix in the forums so far.

I’ve deactivated all plugins besides BBPress – no dice.
    I’ve switched the default theme and still get the 404.
    I’ve changed the permalinks and the subscriber role – didn’t make a difference.

Some code fixes I’ve found in the forums just make it so that the 404 page doesn’t generate, but it shows a blank page, which isn’t really the point. I need it to actually go the member profile.

I believe all of the software is up to date:
    Wordpress v3.8
    BBPress v2.5.3
    Theme is Dante, v 1.5.1

Here is a user link: essential-essentials.com/forums/user/Essential-Essentials/

(The site is still very much in development)

Thank you for any help you can provide : )

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

My Forum posts are returning 404 messages. How can I fix this?

This could be an issue with your rewrite rules. To fix this try resetting your permalinks. In your WordPress Administration Screens navigate to Settings > Permalinks, select a different permalink structure and save. Then select your preferred permalink structure and save again.

KaitlinFNF
    Participant

@kaitlinfnf

Thank you for responding – I already tried changing the permalinks though, and it didn’t fix it.

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Right now you have a PHP syntax error..

a ‘(‘ or ‘)’ too manny or too less , count them around line 139 of dante-child/functions.php

a Function should always have equal open ( and closing ) symbols.

A function can look something like this:
    bbp_topic_author_link( array( ‘type’ => ‘name’ ) )

The bold symbols belong together and the unbold symbols belong together, if you miss one or have one too manny you get a PHP syntax error like you have right now.

KaitlinFNF
    Participant

@kaitlinfnf

Hey there, yes – I made a code error accidentally (random space) and then left to run some errands. That’s fixed now, but was not a part of the 404 User issue, which pre-existed the syntax thing : )

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Strange, it’s only the user_profile page.

Have you tried adding another (none Admin) user with all lower-caps and just by signing up through the WP signup process?

Maybe deactivate all plugins when doing so or change to TwentyTwelve theme for testers.

It could also be a template issue, are you using customized templates?

There were a few updates a while ago (~8-12 months ago) on a few of the user templates, if you are compare what you are using to the current templates.

Flick
    Participant

@felicity_gilbertson

Hi Guys,

Did anyone get a solution to this problem? I’m experiencing a very similar thing with

Wordpress v4.1.2
    BBPress v2.5.7

I’ve tried deactivating all plugins and going to the default theme but clicking on usernames in the admin when trying to edit a profile is taking me to the home page… Just wondering if there was a solution it might help me too!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar