Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

StackOverlow for WordPress support forum – MATT PLEASE WAKE UP AND TAKE NOTICE

• Everyone knows that the forums at WordPress are powered by bbPress.

And for any technology, the ultimate insult that your software has died is when someone comes in behind you to create a new system to replace your failing system.

Well, that just happened with bbPress !!!

Joel Spolsky has released StackOverflow to replace the current WordPress forums (powered by bbPress)

http://joelonsoftware.com/items/2010/08/31.html

I hope MATT and others take notice and get serious about bbPress. It’s embarrassing that Joel has to call out all of the missing features and functionality and support of bbPress in his article (even though he doesn’t call out bbPress directly).

MATT, please take this as a major cause of action to improve bbPress.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

not everyone likes the approach used. Not everyone wants voting, and it isn’t always suitable.

@Rich Pedley

Nonetheless, I hope this causes action on Matt/Auttomatic to take bbPress more seriously.

I’ve stopped caring now. As long as something comes out that integrates simply with WordPress, I don’t care what it is. As long as I never have to use SimplePress again.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Well bbPress as a plugin is progressing, and last official word was that there would be a testable version in a few weeks.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

MATT is not sleeping, but busy in world tour

http://ma.tt/2010/08/hiking-alt/img_1318/#image

I came to bbpress in the hope that forum would be as great as wordpress. I hope i am right and can get the installation done.

Joel Spolsky has released StackOverflow to replace the current WordPress forums (powered by bbPress)

I’m also frustrated with the slow pace of work on bbPress, but “replace” what? The Stack Overflow folks have simply launched their own WordPress support (questions and answers) site, using their own technology platform, Stack Exchange. How does that “replace the current WordPress forums”?

FWIT, I run a WordPress support site using PHPBB3!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar