Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing brackets in .admin

• infected
    Participant

@infected

Hi!

I´d like to remove the brackets that are generated in .admin class below the posting area. I look for it in all theme files, but i can´t find them. I am talking about the brackets in the area for “delete topic”, “close topic”, “fix topic” & “move topic”. Does someone know how i can remove them? For move topic the brackets are displayed each in one seperate line. This looks terrible…

Screenshot

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • They will be fixed in upcoming versions. Its reported in the Trac now. Till they are fixed, bear them & it should not be hard as regular users don’t see them :P

infected
    Participant

@infected

Sorry, but i can´t find any reported bug on trac related to this… Also i don´t want to wait months until a new release. Is there no way to remove these brackets? Maybe in core files?

Its here #1164 & fixed here : https://trac.bbpress.org/changeset/2349

You can fix it by making those changes in your file.

infected
    Participant

@infected

Thanks for your reply! Hm… That´s weird. The fix doesn´t work for me. The brackets still visible. I reload the page, delete the browsercache and nothing changed. Weird. I will try again later. Maybe i´ve done something wrong…

Did you edit your active template or the copy in bb-templates? Only thing I can think of..

Mark

@delayedinsanity

The ‘fix’ that’s listed on that changeset has nothing to do with removing the brackets. It’s completely unrelated.

One other option for the meantime, which I’ve employed on my old site is replace the brackets with LI list elements to make an ordered or unordered list (style away) of the options. You can float this list or display it inline to make it look exactly the same, or if you would prefer, go to town and make it look snazzy.

infected
    Participant

@infected

@Kawauso: I edited the active template. I only edited the mentioned functions.bb-template.php, not the css files. I´m using my own custom theme…

@mwaterous: I think you aren´t right. This (Ticket) is exactly what i´m talking about.

infected
    Participant

@infected

@mwaterous: Sorry, now i know what you mean. Yes, you´re right. This is really not what i want to do.

@all: I tested the above mentioned fix once again with the default theme and got it working after changing the css file too… But as mwaterous said: this fix is not removing the brackets. It just fixes the line break between the brackets. I´d like to completely remove the brackets. Where they´re generated?

In your theme’s topic.php, change bb_topic_admin(); to bb_topic_admin( array( 'before' => '', 'after' => '' ) ); or to use <li> instead, put bb_topic_admin( array( 'before' => '<li>', 'after' => '</li>' ) ); and put <ul> and </ul> around the <?php tags

infected
    Participant

@infected

Thank you Kawauso! This works perfectly! Problem solved ;-)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar