Categories
Search
Bottom

Recent Topics Widget Date and Time

• ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Hi,
    I just noticed that the bbPress Recent Topics widget give the date/time/FRESHNESS from the last reply made.
    This does not seem to be a bug.
    I would prefer that it shows the Freshness of creation.
    I use both Recent Topics and Recent Replies widgets next to each other and it just looks foolish to have them both the same freshness time, especially since the New Recent Topics are usually the ones that get the replies.

Is it possible to change that? Well of course it is but how and where?
    I don’t mind changing core files, I am always organized to know what I changed where in-case of updates.

Thanks, Ron

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

In the core files there is a file called widgets.php inside /plugins/bbpress/includes/common

If you look at line 677 (in my version) there is a topics widget class (class BBP_Topics_Widget), you could create your own plugin and copy the class across (renaming it) and then create your own bbPress widget, without altering the core code.

Good luck!

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Thanks,
    It is only 1 change in the widget.php, so just changed the core file.
    line 871 (bbPress2.5.1) bbp_topic_last_active_time to bbp_topic_post_date

We have an open ticket on Trac on what is and isn’t in the widgets and the potential option to merge everything into a single widget. If you have any additional thoughts not yet covered so far please feel free to add your own thoughts 🙂

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1918

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar