Questions about bbPress-for-comments
With the very exciting new “forum shortcode as comments” feature currently being tested on testbp.org, quite a few questions come to mind. Seeing as the test site isn’t really meant for real conversations, I’ll ask my questions here.
(1) For starters, I’m assuming this will also work without BuddyPress in the mix?
(2) What if I’m running a multisite, separating content into two or more blogs?
example.com – main blog and forum.
devblog.example.com – secondary blog, no forum.
So in the instance that I make a post on devblog.example.com that I’d like to attach a forum thread to, would that be possible?
(3) Has this been tested with different post formats?
(4) Also, the idea of multiple posts pointing to the same forum topic is very cool, but what about the other way around?
Say I write a post about an already addressed topic (there is an existing thread about it) but I would like to open a new thread of discussion for some fresh opinions. Being able to point to multiple threads would be very handy. Maybe there’d have to be one main topic, but others could be added as links, pretty much like a pingback.
(5) Showing the first post in the forum thread in the blog post, especially in your example, seems counter-intuitive to me. Have you considered (tried) working around that?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.