Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem?

• Hi, I seem to be having a problem. I am in the odd position of running textpattern for my main site, 2 WPMU’s in 2 different directories and BBPress in another directory which may have something to do with it, so just in case I thought I’d throw that out there first. I just ran my ftp client and uploaded for the new WPMU, txp and bbpress. Everything went stellar with WPMU & TXP and I thought everything went well with BBPress. No such luck. Going to the url (http://alessandrapalmer.org/forum/) turned up this:

Warning: main(/home/aless/public_html/forum/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aless/public_html/forum/bb-settings.php on line 56

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/aless/public_html/forum/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/aless/public_html/forum/bb-settings.php on line 56

Any ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like your path is wrong in config.php maybe. Can you describe your directory structure, and then what does this line in your config.php say?

$bb->path = '/forum/';

It should have the preceeding and following slash there.

Hi.

I put the preceeding and following slash in per your suggestion and it’s still spitting out the same errors.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what would you like to know about my directory structure? I’m not exactly website-savvy and have been rather blessed in that most things have worked for me first go.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sorry, I just meant, where are the forum, WPMU and TXP all installed?

Is it like?

/home/aless/public_html/forum/ for bbPress

/home/aless/public_html/txp/ for TXP

/home/aless/public_html/wpmu/ for WPMU

Can you verify that all the files made it up when you uploaded them? Like, when you FTP in, can you get a listing in the forum folder that looks like:

bb-admin

bb-cache

bb-edit.php

bb-images

bb-includes

bb-load.php

bb-login.php

bb-post.php

bb-reset-password.php

bb-settings.php

bb-templates

config.php

edit.php

favorites.php

forum.php

index.php

my-plugins

my-templates

profile-base.php

profile-edit.php

profile.php

register.php

rss.php

search.php

sitemap.bb.xml

statistics.php

tag-add.php

tag-remove.php

tags.php

topic-resolve.php

topic.php

view.php

Maybe something is missing there? (you might not have my-templates or my-plugins – those were created later)

Does the bb-includes directory have permissions of 0755 or

drwxr-xr-x ?

/home/aless/public_html/forum/ –> bbpress

/home/aless/public_html/blogs/ –> WPMU

/home/aless/public_html/projects/ –> WPMU

/home/aless/public_html/ –> TXP

Okay, so missing files was the program, go figure. Now I have a totally different problem. Now, everytime I click on something in BBPress (i.e. go to create a new topic) it brings up a TXP error page. I can get to the screen where I can write my title and the body of the message but when I go to add it, it brings up the TXP error page. I’m not entirely sure what to do. Thanks. :)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That’s good you figured out the missing files part. If you are getting the TXP error page, chances are more files are missing, and it’s creating a 404 (page not found) error that TXP handles. Do you need more help with that?

Yes I do need more help.

I compared the list in the zip file to the list you provided me with to the list of files that I uploaded this morning and everything seems to be good in that regard.

– A.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you download bbPress again and unzip it locally, you can compare the directory structure. Above, I listed the top level directory only, but there are folders with more files in them. I suspect your folders and files did not make it up intact. I would list all the files from my install, but it’s a pretty long list and would be a mess to display. If you download bbPress again just to compare listings, I think you will see the problem.

Download

Basically, it’s the files within the subfolders that are missing (I think).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar