Categories
Search
Bottom

Private: appended twice to forum title

• sarau
    Participant

@sarau

Hello,
    I’ve set up bbPress on a clients’ website. They have a private forum and unfortunately the word “Private” gets appended to the forum title twice. The actual title that I created is “Parish News and Discussion” but on the page it reads “Private: Private: Parish News and Discussion” Is there a reasonable way to fix this? I am not a php developer so please keep that in mind when responding. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
    – Sara

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• sarau
    Participant

@sarau

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I’m using WordPress version 3.8.1 (the latest as of this writing) and bbPress version 2.5.3 The url wouldn’t show the problem since the forum is private and you would only see “No Results Found” on the page as a non-logged in non-member of the site.

This is another usability issue I’d love to solve if anyone has a solution. If you are a member of the site but not logged in, you should see a prompt to login rather than “No Results Found”

Robin W

@robin-w

This plugin might let you change the words

EDIT: Robin, I removed the code you posted as it was not really what was needed, check the plugin below. Cheers, Stephen

@sarau Download the plugin here https://gist.github.com/ntwb/8662354

Or add the code to your own custom plugin or child themes functions.php

If you have a ‘Private’ forum the title will include PRIVATE: PRIVATE: as a title prefix.

Eg. This is a private forum titled PRIV and becomes PRIVATE: PRIVATE: PRIV

The plugin above will remove the PRIVATE: PRIVATE: title prefix.

Zane
    Participant

@zane

Hey Stephen,

Up until earlier today when I adjusted forum settings I believe it would just say “PRIVATE: Forumname”. Now I see “PRIVATE: PRIVATE Forumname”. Not sure what I changed to make that start happen.

Is there a reason why you would want to say “PRIVATE: PRIVATE: Forumname”?

I added the code you provided to the bottom of functions.php and no wordpress page would load.

https://gist.github.com/ntwb/8662354

I also tried saving ntwb_remove_protected_private_titles.php to my plugins directory with no luck. I guess I need a little more direction.

Thanks!

Zane
    Participant

@zane

Nevermind. The php file I uploaded had .php.txt at the end. When I took it of it worked as expected. Thanks.

allenwp
    Participant

@allenwp

I have this problem too and it looks so unprofessional. I’m afraid that either I didn’t understand the instructions above [and believe me I tried for hours!] or the solutions don’t work any more [June 2015].
    Could anyone tell me how to resolve this issue with simple step-by-step instructions, it would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Allen

Robin W

@robin-w

add this plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

dashboard>plugins>add new and search for bbp-style-pack

when loaded and activated

Dashboard>settings>forum display

and select no. 4

allenwp
    Participant

@allenwp

Hi Robin,
    Sorry for the delay when you posted so promptly, your plugin is fantastic and did what I wanted and much more…
    Many thanks,
    Allen

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – glad you’re fixed !

snowman_o
    Participant

@snowman_o

Hey i installed the bbp-style-pack how do i choose the option 4 in forum display. i dont see a place to select.

snowman_o
    Participant

@snowman_o

Sorry i found where to select Sorry

Thanks for the plugin.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem !

globalstd
    Participant

@globalstd

Hello I have the same question, the title privacy is repeated like PRIVATE: PRIVATE:
    and I found a lot of people asking for this in WPLMS template, so could you help us please?

xavier_bs
    Participant

@xavier_bs

add_action( 'private_title_format', 'xbs_hide_second_prefix_title' );
    function xbs_hide_second_prefix_title( $title ) {
       $prefix = str_replace( '%s', '', $title );
       return "<span class=\"private-title\">$prefix</span>%s";
    }

and in CSS:

.private-title + .private-title {
        display: none;
    }

globalstd
    Participant

@globalstd

Thanks for your help 😀 it works!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar