Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin Update 2.5.3

• krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

Hi.
    I recently updated to version 2.5.3 in my online classroom. I’m using WordPress 3.8.
    After my update all content within my forum topics disappeared.
    The forums remain. All topics remain. All replies within the topic are gone.

Any help would be appreciated.
    No, I do not have a backup. I’m new to maintaining a website.

Kristin

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Try switching to a “default” theme (such as twenty twelve) and see if it goes away.

If not, try disabling your other plugins and re-introduce one at a time to see if there’s a conflict.

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

It is looking like the replies are there but hidden.
    I posted a reply. The top summary shows I was last to reply. The reply itself disappeared immediately after I submitted it.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Nothing in bbPress 2.5.3 would actually delete your replies, so you can relax a bit knowing your data is okay.

• Are you able to see replies in your administration dashboard?
    • Can you take a screenshot of your site, or link us?
    • Are you 100% sure updating from bbPress 2.5.2 to 2.5.3 was all that happened?

shauny007
    Participant

@shauny007

Guys thanks for the help. Also I had not updated from a previous 2.5.2 version, 2.5.3 was first installment.

I now think the problem stems from a plugin added a few days ago – This one: Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP)

I had a little play around and not sure why, but even when I re-installed bbpress none of the icons for forum would show on left, when classifieds was deactivated it sprang to life.

Very odd, but I had to look at what changed have been made recently as I am the only person who works on my site, and other than installing this other plugin last few days, my work has primarily been on content.

I will report back with any update, but thanks for both your help.

shauny007
    Participant

@shauny007

Sorry posted in wrong one.

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

I see replies listed in the administrative dashboard, but if I click to view them, they are not there.

I believe I updated bbPress 2.5.3, bbPress threaded replies 0.4.3, bbPress Posts Toolbar 0.7.5 and Jetpack by WordPress.com 2.7

I also updated to the latest version of WordPress.

Here is the front of the forum
    hxxp://truffledogcompany.com/forums/forum/recreational-truffle-dog-training-101

Single topic which should display 10 replies
    hxxp://truffledogcompany.com/forums/topic/matt-and-___-access-until-march-____/

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

Sorry. Images didn’t work. It’s a restricted forum. Unable to insert a screen shot here.

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

Here is a link to a Google doc with screen shots of the forum.

Mod Edit: I removed the Google Docs link and fixed the links in your previous post

It’s a restricted forum.

There is a pretty high chance that whatever plugin you are using to restrict forum access is the problem, it is stopping ‘everyone’ from seeing your replies, yourself included.

A couple more things, disable the ‘bbPress Threaded Replies’ plugin for starters, this functionality has been in bbPress since v2.4 and I suspect is the main problem you are having.

If that doesn’t fix it try what @robin-w suggested in the first reply to your post by disabling your other plugins also.

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

I disabled the bbPress Threaded Replies and can see the forums now. I will confirm with students that they can see them as well.

Is there a better threaded replies option or are we better off just allowing everything to post in-line? It was a very nice feature for our online class.

Thanks you. We are up and running again so far.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Threaded replies are now built into bbPress. You can turn them on and set the nesting levels in your Forum Settings.

krosenbach
    Participant

@krosenbach

Excellent! Thank you!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar