Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Graphic Display Ranks

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

It has been added to the Plugin Repository

Nice plugin Jim!

Trent

Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

Thanks Trent. For me the best part was what I learned about making plugins as much as the plugin itself.

This Plugin wont work for me.

I downloaded from the repository and installed as instructed, but I get an error that it cannot find config.php in the ranks subdir.

shouldn’t it be looking for gdr_config.php ????

I tried renaming that to config.php on my server, but it still caused errors.

Does anyone have a working version of this they could send me?

it’s ok I fixed it. the gdr_config.php file in this zip should start with <?php

and needs to be renamed config.php.

Once that’s done it seems to work.

Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

Someone else just mentioned this as well. I’ll upload the “correct” zip when I get home from work. Thanks for pointing out the error.

when accesing admin control panel this plugin returns this error;

Warning: include(my-plugins/ranks/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in wordpressbbpressmy-pluginsdisplay-rank-images.php on line 43

what’s wrong?

Like medden said, presumably: gdr_config.php should be renamed config.php (and needs to start with <?php too).

“Like medden said, presumably: gdr_config.php should be renamed config.php (and needs to start with <?php too).”

-> I made all the corrections before trying ; renaming gdr_config.php, adding <?php and changing gif extensions.

The plugin works fine but when you acces the admin control panel displays this error;

Warning: include(my-plugins/ranks/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in wordpressbbpressmy-pluginsdisplay-rank-images.php on line 43

More people having the same problem here -> https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/665?replies=2#post-3964

but I thought it would be better to follow the original thread here :)

There should be a constant, BBPLUGINDIR, that you can use to add an absolute path. Lemme check.

[Edit] BBPLUGINDIR you can use. You’d do something like this:

include_once BBPLUGINDIR . '/ranks/config.php';

I think. No linebreak, bb is being odd here. One line. [Edit once more] Nope, it’s the CSS – it’s changed to overflow: hidden; so it wraps. Why, Trent?! Purrlease can we have overflow: auto; back?

I can’t follow you, fel64 :(

I tried to e-mail the plugin author but I didn’t find his email address in his web

Sorry. I meant, replace line 43 (the one that says include(my-plugins/ranks/config.php)) with this:

include_once BBPLUGINDIR . '/ranks/config.php';

and see how it works.

Hey fel64, you made it again! Thanks a lot, now it works fine.

BTW, if by chance the author dropped by I’d like to suggest a couple of ideas; displaying the post count and displaying a diferent avatar for the top poster. Just a way of increasing addictiveness :)

plugin original does not work but with the modifications it does without problems. My problem is that I cannot cause that they work ranks special, anybody has some idea of like doing it?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar