Page with forum index shortcode not using page template
theme: woothemes canvas 4.4.0
I think I have not understood how to add bbpress to my site correctly.
1. Installed bbpress plugin and in forum settings, set Archives Slug > Forums base to “community”.
2. Created a page with slug “community” and added [bbp-forum-index] shortcode.
3. Using widget logic plugin, added some sidebar widgets to display on this page.
4. Visited /community page. My sidebars are not showing and looking at source code reveals page is using a forum archive template and not a page template.
5. Changed page slug to something other than “community”. The page then displays the sidebars I have set. However, the breadcrumb navigation still links back to the /community forum archive page without my sidebars.
How can I set things up so that the forum index appear on the page where I placed the shortcode and not on a different forum archive template page, and also have the breadcrumb navigation work correctly?
Thanks to anyone for any suggestions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.