Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installing BBPress turns the entire site blank.

• I’m just doing this as a favor to a friend, but there’s some problems with adding bbpress. I have tried FTPing the files up and installing using the built-in wordpress installation process, to no avail. In both instances, adding BBpress makes the entire front page of the website blank. It’s a pretty frustrating process. Uninstalling fixes the problem with no information lost.

I should note that this is a multi-site install, and I’m trying to install it only on a single site within that network (the idea being to have only a single forum common to all the sub-sites).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hmm, that’s weird. Usually when that happens there is a plugin or theme causing it.

First temporarily switch the theme to TwentyTen (or Eleven) and activate bbP to see if that fixes it.

If not you have two other options to try and find the culprit. You can start deactivating plugins one by one or use WP_DEBUG to tell you where the problem is coming from (wasn’t sure if this is a live site or not).

Ah yeah, sorry, it’s a live site. http://prosportschick.com

I tried setting the theme back to stock, and had no other plugins running. In general the only ones we use are jetpack and discus, so I’m not concerned about running out of headroom on from our web host (though I suppose that’s a possibility).

I don’t know. Typically speaking I know precisely enough to get myself into trouble, and I’m worried about breaking off more than I can chew.

I was able to install simplepress without similar issues, but I’m not in the mood to pay that much for support.

Try (you need to do this quickly and temporarily since it is a live site) setting wp_debug to true (in the wp-config) and then activating bbPress.

wp_debug will force any erros that are happening under the hood to surface. At least then you can use it to track down what is going wrong.

Here’s the initial error message I get. Haven’t found a way to fix it yet. frustrating.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/prospor8/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2705) in /home1/prospor8/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/prospor8/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2705) in /home1/prospor8/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar