Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add and modify .mo file

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

To edit a .mo file you first need to have the .po version of it.

Then you can edit it with POEDIT

If you don’t have any of those things, first get POEDIT

http://www.poedit.net/download.php

If you only have a .mo file and not the .po but wish to add/edit the translations, you can “decompile” or reverse the .mo file into a .po file from the command line with poedit , ie.

START -> RUN

/program files/poedit/bin/msgunfmt ab_AB.mo > ab_AB.po

unicorn73

@unicorn73

Thank you, so much !

I’m updating the italian version of the language file,

i found several mistakes and missing translations in that file.

Would you like to have a copy of file with the right words ?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The svn looks badly out of date for Italian

http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress-i18n/it_IT/tags/

so you if you want to link your results here and state which version it is for we’ll see if Sam or Michael can update the SVN…

well i tryed this but it dosen’t work for me :(

Acces denied…

https://i.imgur.com/n1ls2.gif

summ3r
    Participant

@summ3r

alexwilmac
    Participant

@alexwilmac

I use a Mac and I tried the terminal command changing what is need under osx with this

/Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/BBEdit msgunfmt /[here I put my path]/enigma2.mo > [here I put my path]/enigma2.po

It actually tries do perform something but it just creates a zero length file.

Terminal produces the errors I’ll report afterwards: what can I do?
    Isn’t there a way to use .po edit directly from its interface to perform the .mo-.po transformation?
    Alex

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuickLookUI.framework/Resources/close.pdf’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuickLookUI.framework/Resources/close.pdf’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuickLookUI.framework/Resources/fullscreen.pdf’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuickLookUI.framework/Resources/fullscreen.pdf’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/NSColorPanel.nib’
    MacBookPro-WGG:~ wgg$ /Applications/UTILI/BBEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/BBEdit msgunfmt /Users/wgg/enigma2.mo > /Users/wgg/enigma2.po
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist’
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/NSColorPanel.nib’

Robin W

@robin-w

@alexwilmac no idea what you are trying to do, but you will need to use a proper tool to manipulate and change .mo files.

If you at just after a coupe of changes easier to use ‘gettext’ in a child theme functions file.

Perhaps come back with some further details

alexwilmac
    Participant

@alexwilmac

I’m simply trying to do what’s written in post#2, to perform this online command
    /program files/poedit/bin/msgunfmt ab_AB.mo > ab_AB.po

not under Windows but under OsX, instead. This means that the same example under oSx would be

/Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/BBEdit msgunfmt ab_AB.mo > ab_AB.po

Only it produces a zero length file .po and the errors I reported.

alexwilmac
    Participant

@alexwilmac

Sorry, I posted a wrong command with BBedit and not Poedit. But the result it’s the same with Poedit.

Robin W

@robin-w

try something web-based – maybe

https://po2mo.net/

alexwilmac
    Participant

@alexwilmac

Thanks a lot!

alexwilmac
    Participant

@alexwilmac

Actually your link was the opposite I needed (po to mo, but this is not a problem, as Poedit it’s able to produce .mo files from .po
    But I found another one that, at least for now, works:
    http://tools.konstruktors.com/

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !!

Hi @alexwilmac,
    Are you trying to update bbPress translation? Because that’s all centrally managed, so better do it there. If you need any help with that, just leave me a message here.
    Pascal.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar