Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Banner / Text Insert

• justinheron
    Participant

@justinheron

Hi Guys

I know WordPress to a reasonable level but am completely new to forum building and BBPress. I am hoping my question has a simple answer and is probably me missing something very simple.

I have set up the forum for a charity I am working with, its installed fine and we have some test topics up and running. No problems.

The installation provides me with a forum address of http://mydomain.com/forums/forum/forum-name which is fine.

All I want to do is basically add some notes/welcome message and an image just above where the forum starts but I dont seem to be able to do it. When I go into my form and add in text or an image, in the same way you would add to a page/post then save it, nothing appears?

Any ideas at all how I can achieve this? Should this be happening in the way that it is?

Many thanks!

Justin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• dav.wein@comcast.net
    Participant

@davweincomcastnet

I have the same problem. It looks like one can type some context for the posts, but that information doesn’t show up in the forum…

dav.wein@comcast.net
    Participant

@davweincomcastnet

Hah! Now I see it. The information posts on one level up from the posts themselves – where all the forum topics are listed. This is where you select the forum you want to enter. It doesn’t show up on the page where the posts appear.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar