Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

errored when installed

• plz help me.

my error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-includesbackpressfunctions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1280

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 390

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpresswp-contentpluginsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1101

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • sr now i want to have a new install and i move bbpress folder to wordpress (http://localhost/wordpress/bbpress) but i don’t know how can i uninstall it?

i moved bbpress folder to wordpress and change name to forum and type http://localhost/wordpress/forum but still error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1280

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php:1280) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php:1280) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1101

plz help me!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

bbPress is not a plugin for WordPress – you already figured that out and moved it.

To reinstall, I would drop the tables from the database, then delete your bb-config.php and start the installation again in the new location. If you have errors after a clean install like that, post them here.

it always showed the error even after a clean install.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1280

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php:1280) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php:1280) in C:xampplitehtdocswordpressforumbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1101

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like those are just warnings. Can you turn them of in your installation so they’re not displayed? If so, what happens then?

i have a clean installation and its good on a domain. but i dont know why it couldnt install on localhost?!

tnx for ur support!

I have the same problem. I am installing on my own machine using the latest version of both bbpress and xampp (php5.x). I completed installation (with errors) and then when I log in with the master-key user I get a white page with these errors:

“Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressfunctions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232″

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like it’s a problem with XAMPP. Are you going to install it on a different type of server to be accessible to the public?

You’re getting these errors only because the PHP version from your local server environment is quite new.

Simply put this at the start of your bb-settings.php file after the first opening PHP tag

error_reporting(0);

This should remove most of the errors.

orbitkiller

@orbitkiller

Hi,

i experienced exactly the same errors. except that i cannot even enter the admin area when logging in the following error appears:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Users/orbitkiller/Sites/bbpress/bb-settings.php on line 187

I tried to add “error_reporting(0);” to “bb-settings.php” without success.

As already mentionned before, xampp may produce this errors, as i am on xampp too, but using the newest version (xampp, php, etc) should be the best thing to do, or am i wrong.

Any advices on this?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The problem is using the very latest version of PHP. A slightly older version won’t show those warnings. Or turning off the display of warnings will also prevent this problem.

Not sure in what version of PHP they deprecated this…

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

It was deprecated in 5.3.

Matt fixed it here.

fallowed the instruction above but now i am getting

Warning: require_once(C:xampphtdocstrunk/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-log.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:xampphtdocstrunkbb-settings.php on line 109

the file is missing on that location.. if you downloaded the trunk from Trac, then you are missing BackPress files

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar