Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Disallowing Registration

• I have a site with bbPress and WordPress. They are all integrated to where if you log in to one location, you are logged into the others as well. I also have (well, am working on) a unified registration page where I ask for all needed information and write it to whichever database needs it. Since I have this, I need to have bbPress lose the ability to register. Should I just change register.php to inform the user to register on the main registration page, or is there a better way?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

Maybe add

<php header("Location: path/to/your/page"); ?>

to the top of your bbpress registration template?

Just a thought.

Sadly, by the time you get to the registration template, the user has already been added.

You could write a plugin that, during the bb_init hook, checks to see if $_SERVER matches the registration link and, if so, send a header(“Location: http://blah.blah/my-reg.php&#8221;).

This does make me think perhaps UserPress could be created as a separate user management project.

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but after looking at the source, could I not simply replace the registration form in bb-templates/register.php with a message and a link to my form? I don’t see how the user could already be added when no information has been collected.

In the default template’s register.php, I replaced the registration form with a message and link and it seems to have worked just fine. ( http://www.bandtr.com/wordpress/bbpress/ ). If there are some other factors at work that I am not aware of and need to know about, please let me know.

That works well. The only thing is that people can still manually POST their own data to your root/registration.php file. Just because you don’t link to it anywhere doesn’t mean it’s gone :)

k, good to know. I think I will take my chances on that for now.

davidbessler

@davidbessler

mouse8b, I had the same problem and used your solution. In addition, I commented out the registration link in the file login-form.php and saved it (along with my new registration.php) in my-templates so the modified template gets preserved through upgrades.

-cheers

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar