Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Comment Box under Reply Box

• So I’m using WordPress, BuddyPress, bbPress, and wrapping Suffusion ( with BP addon ) around those. Oh and using my own Theme so I can make modifications, if I need too ( Child Theme under Suffusion ). In any event my question is…

How do I remove the Comment Box from the Topic’s Page’s in my Forums? There is a Reply Box, for posting in the Forum, and directly under that is the normal Comment Box for replying to a new Posting ( Like if I’d Posted a new Blog Posting ). The Reply Box actually needs to be there, obviously. But the Comment Box is not needed and unsightly, since the Reply Box is directly above it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

Go to /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page, find the page, and turn off comments for that page.

As far as I can see there is no static page, it’s generated. As to what template they’re using to self generate I’ve no idea. But it’s like this page we’re on right now. My “forums” page works fine because it’s a static page that I can manipulate, but the actual page the post is rendered on appears to be internally generated.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Something in your theme is causing the $post local to be reset, which makes it default to comments being turned on. bbPress forces this off for most themes, but with a custom theme that does its own global manipulations, bbPress can’t guarantee anything.

You’ll want to figure out where your theme reloads the $post global, and either unset it, or force comments off. Start by looking in bbp-includes/bbp-core-compatibility.php fir how bbPress does it first.

@Andrew did you resolve this problem?.. i’m in the same boat as you.

regards,

Peter

@John

I’ve looked into the suffusion them and can see the forums are being rendered at page.php

The suffusion code seems to handle the $post nicely by putting resetting it into it’s original state.

here is the page.php from suffusion:

<?php

/**

* Default template for a page

* @package Suffusion

* @subpackage Templates

*/

get_header();

?>

<div id=”main-col”>

<?php

suffusion_page_navigation();

suffusion_before_begin_content();

?>

<div id=”content”>

<?php

global $post;

if (have_posts()) {

while (have_posts()) {

the_post();

$original_post = $post;

?>

<div <?php post_class(‘fix’); ?> id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>”>

<?php suffusion_after_begin_post(); ?>

<div class=”entry-container fix”>

<div class=”entry fix”>

<?php suffusion_content(); ?>

</div><!–/entry –>

<?php

// Due to the inclusion of Ad Hoc Widgets the global variable $post might have got changed. We will reset it to the original value.

$post = $original_post;

suffusion_after_content();

?>

</div><!– .entry-container –>

<?php

suffusion_before_end_post();

comments_template();

?>

</div><!–/post –>

<?php

}

}

?>

</div></div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

any suggestions what I should looke at?

regards,

Peter

why is this topic resolved? it’s far from resolved.

ok.. here is the solution I’m using. It’s more like a hack but good enough for what I’m doing:

in the suffusion theme open page.php and change the following:

comments_tempalte();

to:

if ( $post->post_type!=”topic” )

comments_template();

now when the post type is a topic it won’t process the comments stuff.

Peter

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar