Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Combine WordPress Comments and BBpress Posts

• Superlod
    Participant

@superlod

Hi everyone, I´m new at BBPress and I´m searching por a very particualar plugin, if it exists. I already have a wordpress site which have their own wordpress comments. Now we are implementing BBPress and I´d like to combine those WordPress comments with the BBPress Posts.

My site is a gaming news site and I want a plugin whicn converts each new, each article and each feature into a Topic in the forum, automatically. In addition, I want that each WordPress comment appears as a post in the topic in the forum adn each BBPress comment appears as a comment in the WordPress article.

Thanks for your help.

PS: I´m sorry if I have grammar mistakes. English is not my mother language.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • This can NOT be done at this stage with bbPress.

Comments are just that and bbPress uses custom post types (CPT) and we do not have comments enabled for these custom post types.

What we are working on though is replacing WordPress comments with bbPress topics.

makingcircuits
    Participant

@makingcircuits

I have found a way of implementing this, in fact this facility becomes readily accessible once you install and activate the plugin “bbpress topics for posts”.

here are the procedures to migrate your existing wordpress comments into bbpress forum interface, below each posts 🙂

install and activate plugins: bbpress, and bbpress topics for posts

go to settings > Discussions > bbPress Topics for Posts Defaults….now select the forum which you have created under “Create a new bbPress topic in”

and finally press SAVE at the bottom of the page.

wait it is not yet over.

go back again to bbPress Topics for Posts Defaults
    and click on the new option which asks: “apply settings to existing posts”.

As soon as you do this all your existing wordpress comments will disappear, and you will see a bbpress forum box under each of the posts.

DON’T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

Go to your wordpress dashboard

click on posts > all posts > tick on the box named “title” just below “Bulk Actions”

this will select all the posts on that page.

now select “Edit” and Apply

a new window will open (we all know about this)…now simply PRESS the “update” button at the right hand side corner of this window.

Repeat this for each and every page in case you have a small number of posts on each page….or if you want to execute this at once, make sure to first select all the posts on the same pageby going to the screen options and selecting the total number of posts you prefer to include on that page

BINGO!!!!

Go and check your posts you will find all your wordpress comments have been transferred into bbpress…

But will this have any SEO implications? I don’t know…

Robin W

@robin-w

great post – thanks for taking the time to fully document this 🙂

makingcircuits
    Participant

@makingcircuits

Thanks!

just forgot to add, you must click the options as shown in the following screenshot:

https://makingcircuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/bbpress-options.png

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar