Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Add event calendar to bbpress sidebar

• Hello,

I’m new to WordPress and BBpress but I like the simplicity involved in using them. Currently, I have a wordpress site and a bbpress site that share a database. The wordpress site uses the Event Calendar plugin+widget to display its calendar and in the readme for Event Calendar I found the following:

Add the
    following code to your sidebar.php:

Event Calendar:
    <li>
    <?php ec3_get_calendar(); ?>
    </li>

Upcoming Events:
    <li>Events
    <?php ec3_get_events(5); ?>
    </li>

If you are using an older template, then you should check that your HTML
    header contains the following tag: <?php wp_head(); ?>

I’d like to add the Event Calendar to my BBpress sidebar; however, this solution doesn’t appear to work. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You would need to include WordPress in your bbPress installation to have access to all the WordPress functions.

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/#func

Sharing the database does not allow you to use WordPress functions from within bbPress.

Hi,

chrishajer ist right, the wp-blog-header is required in order to make it work.

But apparently this is still not enough; you’ll need to make sure bbpress accesses the event calendar’s CSS files as well; furthermore the events list from this plugin is designed in a way that it will display the details of an event by making use of javascript; this, however, fails. I couldn’t get this to work yet. So in my bbpress people see that there is an event on a certain day, but cant click on it.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Also I’d like to know whether there is a way of accessing the plugin via the bbpress dashboard instead/in addition to the wordpress dashboard. Or, skipping the bbpress dashboard altogether and have one dashboard for WP and bbpress. :-)

Also it seems that by including the wp header the language settings of bbpress are being overrided… ?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

@Tinkerer – that is correct. That has been a problem for some time. What versions did you integrate?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar